"Not even Nephi"

Yesterday I was mowing the lawn as the girls played around me. After finishing in the front yard, I told Summer she needed to come with me to the backyard while I finished. She was busy building herself a boat out of our old stump and was not too happy with my request. She tried to talk me out of it by letting me know that she "didn't have time to go in the backyard." (She tried using this same excuse on Sunday when she didn't want to go to church.) After that didn't work, she changed tactics and said "Mom, even Nephi doesn't want to go into the backyard." Apparently she thought Nephi was some kind of trump card and if he couldn't do it, she couldn't do it-which is kind of true. If Nephi wouldn't do something, I really think Summer should do it. However, I think Nephi would have been obedient and gone into the backyard....


Comments

Post a Comment