Funny Summer

Today was one of those days where I'm pretty sure church laster 6 hours instead of the normal three. In fact, I'm pretty sure today was twice as long as normal. I feel like I spent all day keeping kids happy, reverent, and not fighting. So instead of re-hashing today, I thought I'd record a few funny things that Summer has said lately.

1. Today at church, Summer had quite the conversation with the Bishop (Anders witnessed this, I did not). He asked her if she was a big girl. She told him yes and that she was getting bigger and bigger and that soon she would have to go outside soon.

2. This evening while I was trying to cook dinner, I told Summer several times to go find something to do. After about the 4th time, she got mad at me and said "Do not ask me that any more otherwise you will have to go sit on the step." That is exactly what I tell her when she keeps whining and asking me to do something over and over.

3. We had a major thunderstorm a couple of nights ago. It woke her up and she came and laid in our bed for a while (it was only about 8 pm). I laid down next to her and she told me that she thought our house was going to blow away and that we would have to build a new one.

4. We were walking through the flower section of the garden center at our Home Depot when Summer suddenly said, "Mom, I need some flowers for me wedding." I asked her who she was going to marry and she said: "I'm going to marry Daddy. And then Ellen is going to marry Daddy."

5. Sometimes when Summer gets mad at us she says, "I'm going to be mad now" and folds her arms and scowls.

6. Summer has a habit of doing a lot of screaming and crying when she is frustrated or upset. We've been working with her to find solutions other than screaming or crying. She can be in the middle of a fit and we can ask her if that is how she is supposed to respond. She'll then immediately stop crying/screaming and with a slight look of being ashamed she'll say "No screaming. No crying. Help please." It really pretty funny.

Comments

  1. That is too cute! I'm glad you're recording all these Summer anecdotes; they're so easy to forget years down the road, but precious to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute! I'm glad you're recording all these Summer anecdotes; they're so easy to forget years down the road, but precious to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment